The Collings MF5 is our fully appointed F-model with a carved seasoned Red spruce top and premium maple back and sides. With its superb tone, elegant stylings and unmatched playability, the MF5 is sure to please the most discerning eyes and ears.
Standard Features Include:
- Select Adirondack spruce top
- Premium figured maple back, sides and neck
- Parallel tone bar bracing
- Grained ivoroid top/back/neck & peghead binding
- Black/white purflings
- Full high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Bound Florentine-style headstock
- 13 Degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay w/Collings logo and flourish inlay
- Ebony fingerboard
- Mortise and tenon neck joint
- 22-frets, neck joins the body at the 15th fret
- V shaped neck profile with 1 9/16" string spacing
- 5 1/2"-11 5/8" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 1/8" Bone nut
- 13 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Custom adjustable floating ebony bridge
- Collings original one-piece nickel or gold tailpiece
- Nickel or gold tuners with black or pearl buttons
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario J-74 (.011"-.040")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom mandolin options
Kym Warner, Jesse Cobb, Andy Falco - "Big Sciota"
Kym Warner (MF5 V), Jesse Cobb (MF5 O V), and Andy Falco (D1 A) with their version of "Big Sciota."
Jesse Cobb, Kym Warner, Andy Falco - "The Star of the County Down"
Jesse Cobb (MF5 V), Kym Warner (MF), and Andy Falco (D1 A) perform their version of "The Star of the County Down."
Jesse Cobb - MF5
Jesse Cobb of The Infamous Stringdusters plays "Billy in the Low Ground" on a Collings MF5.
- Body Length: 12 7/8"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 13/16"
- Lower Bout Width: 9 15/16"
- Total Length: 27 7/16"
- Scale Length: 13 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 1/8"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario J-74 (.011"-.040")
- Recommended Gauges:
- Interview: Bill Collings interview from Acoustic magazine
- Custom Mandolin Gallery: MF5 Custom - Quilted Maple # 1127
- Custom Mandolin Gallery: MF5 O Honey Amber # 1081
- Custom Mandolin Gallery: MF5 O # 1254
- Artists and Sightings: Sarah Jarosz - Collings MF5
- Artists and Sightings: Don Stiernberg - Collings MF5
- Artists and Sightings: Marcus Mumford (Mumford and Sons) - Collings MF5
- Artists and Sightings: Matt Slusher (Wood and Wire)- Collings MF5