With softer contours and a longer body dimension than our 0 14-Fret model, the 0 12-Fret has a balanced and full tone with slightly more bass and overall volume. First introduced in 1854, the articulate tone and convenient size of the "0" 12-Fret body dimensions have remained popular to this day. Featuring a comfortable short 24 7/8" scale and a wide 2 5/16" string spacing at the bridge, this model is well suited to both finger style and strumming techniques and excels as a recording instrument. Convenient as a travel guitar but with the authoritative tone of a performance instrument, this model is versatile choice for any guitarist.
Standard Features Include:
- Select sitka spruce top
- East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate rosette
- Grained ivoroid top/back body binding
- Herringbone trim with matching 2-style backstrip
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Square slotted headstock with volute
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony belly-style bridge
- Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 12th fret
- Modified V neck profile with 2 5/16" string spacing
- 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 13/16" Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- 24 7/8" Short scale Length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"-.053")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom acoustic guitar options
No multimedia is currently available for this instrument.
- Body Length: 19"
- Body Depth at Side: 4"
- Lower Bout Width: 13 3/4"
- Total Length: 37 3/4"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8
- Standard Nut Width: 1 13/16"
- Factory Strings: D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"-.053")
- Recommended Gauges: