Named after the vibrant and eclectic South Congress district of Austin, TX, The SoCo 16 LC Deluxe combines some of the most well loved features and sounds from the heritage of semi-hollow guitars with a distinctive look and feel all its own. The 16" lower bout gives this SoCo a warm and potent tonal presence, with more lower midrange punch than it's 15" SoCo siblings. Deluxe model features include ivoroid fingerboard and peghead binding and our custom ivoroid knobs and pickup rings. Featuring our custom laminate construction, the SoCo 16 LC Deluxe provides articulate, classic tone in our most premium aesthetic configuration.
Standard Features Include:
- Select figured maple semi-hollow laminate body
- Inset maple center block and mahogany neck
- Ivoroid top/back/neck/peghead binding
- Slim contour F-holes
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Single-bound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 frets, neck joins the body at the 19th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Custom ivoroid pickup rings and top hat knobs
- Dual Lollar low-wind Imperial humbuckers
- 1950's Style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Xicon caps
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros AVR-II bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
more custom electric guitar options
Living Machines: The Art and Craft Behind Collings Electric Guitars
As Bill Collings will tell you, "it's not about the tools, it's the mentality of the people building the guitars that counts."
- Body Length: 20 1/4"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 16"
- Total Length: 42 5/8"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Recommended Gauges:
- Interview: The ToneQuest Report - Collings Electrics