The pre-war era of American flattop guitar making has come to be known as "golden" for a reason. Lauded for its short but brilliant periods of construction innovation, the years from 1930-1942 were filled with new instrument runs that featured bracing, fret access and body dimension changes that would define the features and sounds of the modern acoustic guitar. Emerging out of our fascination with this era of guitar making history, Collings is proud to introduce the CJ35. Available with a mahogany back and slope-shouldered body, this new variation of our CJ model incorporates a non-scalloped bracing configuration featuring three tone bars and a short 24 7/8" scale length. This new design provides the CJ35 with a beautiful balance of deep piano-like bass and powerful full-bodied highs, complimented by a focused dynamic range for exceptionally even note projection. As a result, the CJ35 is one of our most versatile large-bodied guitars, well suited to both fingerstyle and strumming techniques.
Standard Features Include:
- Select sitka spruce top
- Mahogany back and sides
- Simple ivoroid rosette
- Ivoroid top/back binding
- 1-style walnut backstrip
- Pre-war non-scalloped Adirondack bracing with 3 tone bars
- Abbreviated tongue brace
- Tigerstripe celluloid pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid ivoroid Collings logo
- African rosewood fingerboard with straight-style bridge
- Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
- Vintage-inspired neck profile with 2 5/16" string spacing
- 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 3/4" Bone nut and cutthrough saddle
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Ivoroid bridge pins and ebony end pin
- Nickel Waverly tuners with ivoroid buttons & 16:1 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"-.056")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom acoustic guitar options
Carl Miner - Collings CJ35 G SB
Carl Miner of The Greencards dropped by the shop to play us a tune on a Collings CJ35 G SB.
- Body Length: 20 1/8"
- Body Depth at Side: 4 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 16"
- Total Length: 41"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Factory Strings: D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"-.056")
- Recommended Gauges: