In response to the popularity of our 290 DC S model (double cutaway, single P90 pickup), we are now offering the single Dog Ear P90 pickup configuration to our original single cutaway 290 design. From pristine clean tones rich with harmonic complexity to hard-hitting vintage rock tones, the 290 S is capable of producing a vast array of tones. Dial back the volume and tone controls and you will be surprised by the smooth, mellow tones that are available without ever getting muddy. We are truly amazed by what this single pickup guitar has to offer.
Standard Features Include:
- Select solid mahogany body and neck
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale Length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Grained ivoroid dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Black or cream pickup covers and black or amber top hat knobs
- Single Lollar high-wind dog ear P90 pickup
- 1950's Style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Xicon caps
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros Nashville tune-o-matic bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
more custom electric guitar options
No multimedia is currently available for this instrument.
- Body Length: 17"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 13 1/2"
- Total Length: 38 1/2"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Recommended Gauges: