The newest addition to our I-35 Series features high quality laminate construction (LC) that faithfully reproduces the vintage semi-hollow tone and response desired by professional working musicians. Built alongside their solid wood counterparts with the same meticulous attention to detail, the new LC's offer a unique tone that expands upon the sonic palette of our electric line.
Standard Features Include:
- Select figured maple semi-hollow laminate body & mahogany neck
- Inset maple center block
- Aged white top/back binding
- Slim contour F-holes
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Rosewood or ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 frets, neck joins the body at the 19th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale Length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Black or cream pickup rings and black or amber top hat knobs
- Dual Lollar standard Imperial humbuckers
- 1950's Style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Xicon caps
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros AVR-II bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
more custom electric guitar options
Dave Sebree - Collings I-35 LC
Austin School of Music founder Dave Sebree demonstrates his Collings I-35 LC through a '69 Marshall Plexi with a Celestion loaded 2x12 cab.
Rick McRae - Collings I-35 LC - "When Lights Are Low"
Guitarist Rick McRae plays "When Lights Are Low" on a Collings I-35 LC through a '71 Fender Deluxe Reverb.
Rick McRae - Collings I-35 - "Crazy"
Guitarist Rick McRae plays "Crazy" (Willie Nelson, 1961) on a Collings I-35 LC through a '71 Fender Deluxe Reverb.
- Body Length: 17 5/8"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Total Length: 40"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Recommended Gauges:
- Review: iGuitar -Collings I35 LC review
- Review: The ToneQuest Report -Collings I35 LC review
- Custom Electric Guitar Gallery: I-35 LC # 12150
- Artists and Sightings: JD Simo - Collings I-35 LC
- Artists and Sightings: Bill Frisell - Collings I-35 LC
- Artists and Sightings: Zac Brown - Collings I-35 LC
- Artists and Sightings: Dave Biller - Collings I35 LC Deluxe