The MT Mandola is our entry-level satin finish mandola with simplified appointments. But don't let the "entry-level" part fool you- its built with the same quality construction as our higher end models. It has a comfortable 15.9" scale length, and can be played just like a mandolin, but the low C string adds a whole new dimension of musical possibilities. With a fully carved Adirondack spruce top and maple back and sides, the MT Mandola is undoubtedly one of the best values out there in a professional quality A-style Mandola.
Standard Features Include:
- Select Adirondack spruce top
- Select maple back, sides and neck
- Parallel tone bar bracing
- Tortoise-style top binding
- Satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 13 Degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard
- Mortise and tenon neck joint
- 22 frets, neck joins the body at the 15th fret
- V shaped neck profile with 1 11/16" string spacing
- 7"-15" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 5/16" Bone nut
- 15.9" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Custom adjustable floating ebony bridge
- Collings original one-piece nickel tailpiece
- Nickel tuners with black or pearl buttons
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario J-76 (.015"-.052")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom mandolin options
Todd Lombardo - Collings MT Mandola - Improvised performance
Our friend Todd Lombardo dropped by the shop and was kind enough to give us an improvised performance on the Collings MT Mandola he was checking out.
- Body Length: 15 3/16"
- Body Depth at Side: 2 1/16"
- Lower Bout Width: 11 1/4"
- Total Length: 29 3/8"
- Scale Length: 15.9"
- Standard Nut Width: 1.3"
- Factory Strings: D'Addario J-76 (.015"-.052")
- Recommended Gauges: