One of the rarest and most labor intensive instruments in our line up, Bill Collings elaborately appointed 17" archtops represent the pinnacle of Collings craftsmanship. From the voluptuous curves to the seamless intersection of the neck and cutaway, every last detail sings quality. Only a handful of archtops of this size are built each year, so check with your dealer for the current backlog and waiting time.
Standard Features Include:
- Fully carved Adirondack or european spruce top
- Premium flame maple back, sides and neck
- Grained ivoroid top/back/neck/peghead binding
- Multiple black/white purflings
- Grained ivoroid bound S-Holes
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Double bound flaired "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay w/Collings logo & parallelogram inlay
- Ebony fingerboard
- Archtop mortise and tenon neck joint
- 21 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 25 1/2" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl parallelogram inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Custom floating ebony bridge and tailpiece
- Custom grained ivoroid bound ebony pickguard
- Nickel Schaller tuners with ivoroid buttons and 16:1 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario (.012"-.053" wound-G)
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
No multimedia is currently available for this instrument.
- Body Length: 20 1/4"
- Body Depth at Side:
- Lower Bout Width: 17"
- Total Length: 42"
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"-.056")
- Recommended Gauges: