Built in very limited numbers, the Collings 16" archtops are a rarity among modern archtop models in that they are designed to be played as acoustic guitars. Based on the earliest American f-hole archtops of the 1920s, they have a warm and balanced response that has converted many flattop players to the clarity, projection, and immediate response that an archtop instrument can provide. The simple appointments of this sleek guitar, highlighted by the gracefully shaded finish, prove that less can indeed be more.
Standard Features Include:
- Fully carved Adirondack or european spruce top
- Premium flame maple back, sides and neck
- Grained ivoroid top/back/neck/peghead binding
- Black/white purflings on body
- Slim contour F-holes
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Single bound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard
- Archtop mortise and tenon neck joint
- 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 25 1/2" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Custom floating ebony bridge and nickel trapeze-style tailpiece
- Custom grained ivoroid bound ebony pickguard
- Nickel Waverly tuners with ivoroid buttons and 16:1 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario (.013"-.056" wound-G)
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
No multimedia is currently available for this instrument.
- Body Length:
- Body Depth at Side:
- Lower Bout Width: 16"
- Total Length:
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"-.056")
- Recommended Gauges: