Based on guitars first introduced around the same time as the OM, the Collings C10 is a leaner alternative, with the narrow waist and small upper bout resulting in a precise, focused response. Of all our acoustic models, the C10 is perhaps the easiest for electric guitarists to adapt to, thanks in part to the more rounded neck profile. The small oval neck heel is ideally suited to the optional cutaway, which allows unrestricted access to the upper frets. With its unique shape and asymmetrical headstock's lines echoed in the curvilinear pickguard, C10 models offer a welcome alternative for those who find that most small acoustic guitars look too much alike.
Standard Features Include:
- Select sitka spruce top
- Mahogany back and sides
- Simple ivoroid rosette
- Grained ivoroid top/back body binding
- Black/white wood purfling with 1-style walnut backstrip
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony straight-style bridge
- Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
- Medium-fat "C" neck shape and 2 3/16" string spacing
- 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- 25 1/2" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Nickel Schaller mini-tuners with 1:14 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"-.053")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom acoustic guitar options
No multimedia is currently available for this instrument.
- Body Length: 19 1/4"
- Body Depth at Side: 4 1/4"
- Lower Bout Width: 14 3/4"
- Total Length: 40"
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"-.053")
- Recommended Gauges:
- Interview: Bill Collings interview from Acoustic magazine
- Custom Acoustic Guitar Gallery: C10 Custom Doghair # 15724
- Acoustic Guitar Options: Neck Profile and Bridge Options Diagram
- Review: Acoustic Magazine (UK) reviews a Collings C10 Custom Doghair
- Custom Acoustic Guitar Gallery: C10 Dlx Maple Custom #16956
- Custom Acoustic Guitar Gallery: C10 Custom SB #17666
- Custom Acoustic Guitar Gallery: C10 Mh SB #17837
- Custom Acoustic Guitar Gallery: C10 Maple Custom #18019
- Custom Acoustic Guitar Gallery: C10 Mh Custom # 18229
- Artists and Sightings: Rodney Crowell - Collings C10