Standard Features Include:
- Select Adirondack spruce top
- Select figured maple back, sides and neck
- Tortoise-style top binding
- Tortoise rosette and bound soundhole
- Satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Unbound Florentine-style headstock
- 13 Degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard
- Mortise and tenon neck joint
- 22 frets, neck joins the body at the 13th fret
- V shaped neck profile with 1 9/16" string spacing
- 7"-11 5/8" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 3/16" Bone nut
- 13 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Custom adjustable floating ebony bridge
- Collings original one-piece nickel or gold tailpiece
- Nickel or gold Gotoh tuners with black or pearl buttons and 1:14 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario J-74 (.011"-.040")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom mandolin options
Collings Mandolins: Inspiration by Design
According to mandolinist Kym Warner, one of the most important challenges a musician faces is to "find an instrument that inspires you to want to pick it up and play it."
- Body Length: 12 7/8"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 13/16"
- Lower Bout Width: 9 15/16"
- Total Length: 27 7/16"
- Scale Length: 13 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 3/16"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario J-74 (.011"-.040")
- Recommended Gauges: