Standard Features Include:
- Premium figured maple top over semi-hollow mahogany body
- Inset maple center block and mahogany neck
- Grained ivoroid top/back binding
- Slim contour F-holes
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 19th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Black or cream pickup rings and black or amber top hat knobs
- Dual Lollar low-wind Imperial humbuckers
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Xicon caps
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros AVR-II bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Recommended string guage - D'Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
more custom electric guitar options
Rick McRae - Collings I-35 - "When Lights Are Low"
Guitarist Rick McRae plays a bossa nova rendition of "When Lights Are Low" on a Collings I-35 through a '71 Fender Deluxe Reverb.
Rick McRae - Collings I-35 - "Alabama Jubilee"
Guitarist Rick McRae plays "Alabama Jubilee" on a Collings I-35 through a '71 Fender Deluxe Reverb.
- Body Length: 17 5/8"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Total Length: 40"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D' Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Recommended Gauges:
- Interview: The ToneQuest Report - Collings Electrics
- Review: Vintage Guitar magazine reviews the Collings I-35 Deluxe
- Review: Guitar Buyer magazine reviews the Collings I-35
- Custom Electric Guitar Gallery: I-35 - Faded Cherry # 9435
- Custom Electric Guitar Gallery: I-35 Deluxe Custom - Mh Top # 10477
- Artists and Sightings: Billy Nerhsi - Collings I-35
- Artists and Sightings: Jim Kelly - Collings I-35 Deluxe