The 12-fret 000 has the same general appearance as the Collings 00, but in a larger size with longer string scale. Although it's the same width and depth as the OM, the longer body typically produces more bass and overall volume. This makes the Collings 000 ideal for string-band purists or any guitarist who wants a maximum of power from an instrument of comfortable size with an elegant, old-time appearance. Along with the usual options in woods, binding, and inlay , it is also available with a graceful cutaway.
Standard Features Include:
- Select sitka spruce top
- East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Select abalone rosette
- Grained ivoroid top/back/neck/peghead binding
- Black/white wood purfling with 3-style mosaic backstrip
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Square slotted headstock with volute
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony pyramid-style bridge
- Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 12th fret
- Modified V neck profile with 2 5/16" string spacing
- 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 13/16" Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- 25 1/2" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- No fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Gold Waverly slot-head tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"-.053")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom acoustic guitar options
No multimedia is currently available for this instrument.
- Body Length: 20 1/4"
- Body Depth at Side: 4 1/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Total Length: 39 1/2"
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 13/16"
- Factory Strings: D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"-.053")
- Recommended Gauges: