With the exception of the Baby, the 0 is our smallest guitar and is offered with the same shorter scale found on the 12-fret 00. Although measuring only 13.5 inches in width (smaller than a typical classical guitar), the Collings 0 has tone and volume that belies its first impression as being less than full-sized. It can double as a travel guitar or a small OM, performing both roles equally well. The same neck and woods options offered with larger Collings models are available on the 0 as well, giving players an almost infinite range of tonal possibilities.
Standard Features Include:
- Select sitka spruce top
- East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Select abalone rosette
- Grained ivoroid top/back/neck/peghead binding
- Black/white wood purfling with 3-style mosaic backstrip
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Double bound square headstock with volute
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony belly-style bridge
- Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
- Modified V neck profile with 2 3/16" string spacing
- 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- 24 7/8" Short scale Length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- No fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Gold Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"-.053")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
more custom acoustic guitar options
There Are No Shortcuts: Collings Acoustic Guitars
This short documentary film examines acoustic guitar building at Collings Guitars and the focus on quality that has come to define the company culture.
- Body Length: 18 3/16"
- Body Depth at Side: 4 1/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 13 7/16"
- Total Length: 38"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Standard Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Factory Strings: D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"-.053")
- Recommended Gauges: